This practical course will provide the participants the required skills, tools, knowledge, attitude and the competencies needed to manage the design and the construction of a process plant or facilities.
• Introduction to Project Management for Chemical Engineers
• Overview of Plant Project and Basic Process Design Element for Chemical Engineers
• Planning Engineering Work, managing Schedule, Cost, Quality and Resource
• Coordinating Engineering Work and Conceptual Engineering Design
• Detail Engineering design, Invitation To Bid and Contract matters
• Project Management Organization, Progress Measurement and Reporting
• Procurement of Long Lead Items and Bulks
• Construction – Process Equipment, Piping, Instrumentation etc
• Pre-commissioning and Mechanical Acceptance, Commissioning and Initial Startup
• Project Handover and Warranty
Biodata of Speaker
Ir. Elias Musa earned a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Chemical Engineering in 1977, with MS and MBA as well as a certified Project management Professional with PMI (USA), and has over 30 years of experience in plant /facilities project development in Oil & Gas Industry, including offshore and onshore production facilities, pipeline and gas processing plant GPP and LNG. He has worked for clients as well as International design consultants.
Participant will learn the processes that are involve in the designing, construction and commissioning the new plant project or modification to existing facilities. It will cover the overall project activities as well as detail engineering scope of work in general. Participants learn "what" to do, "how" to do it, and "why" they need to do it. The Course is designed for people involved in managing the design and construction of projects in operating facilities, including engineers, technologists, technicians, tradesmen, and maintenance personnel.