This is a one-day specialized workshop providing intimate understanding of the design requirements and the application of cold-formed steel in buildings. This workshop will feature three distinguished keynote speakers in the area of application of cold-formed steel. This workshop will present background, requirements of Standards and step by step design method based on NASH. This knowledge can be applied by practicing engineers, designers, academician, and the industry to broaden their knowledge-base relating to, cold-formed steel and its relevant standards or codes. This workshop excellent to the issues that can be encountered in steel structural design on seismic and how these problems can be overcome.
• To promote cold-formed steel as choice building material to the Malaysian construction industry.
• To promote sound engineering understanding, guidelines and policies in using cold-formed
steel structures in Malaysia.
• To create better design awareness for designers and engineers cold-formed steel design.
• To make available a platform for the acquisition of knowledge directly from the leading
researchers of the industry.
• To provide a forum for exchange of view among various sector of steel industry in Malaysia
on latest technical issues and topics.
Mr. KEN WATSON
Ken Watson is the Executive Director of NASH. A professional engineer, Ken has extensive experience in the steel industry having worked in management, design, market research and development. He is the author of a range of technical publications and Chair of the NASH Standards Committee which developed the NASH Standards Part 1 “Residential and Low-Rise Framing – Design Criteria”, Part 2 “Residential and Low Rise Steel Framing – Design Solutions”, and the NASH Standard for Steel framed Construction in Bushfire Areas.
Prof. EMAD GAD
Emad Gad is the Dean of Engineering at Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. He is a civil engineer with extensive experience in structural dynamics, residential construction, structural connections, experimental techniques and modelling. His applied research has contributed to the development of several standards and codes of practice.
He is Chair of the Board of the Australian Engineered Fasteners and Anchors Council (AEFAC), Co-Editor of the Australian Journal of Structural Engineering, appointment member of the Victorian Government Building Advisory Council (BAC) and Fellow of Engineers Australia.
Mr JACK CHUM
Jack Chum is the Technical Marketing Manager for NS BlueScope Malaysia. He is responsible for Product Innovation and Technical Service for NS BlueScope Coated Products covering ASEAN. He has more than 12 years of experience in steel related industries and he has been involved in Process Improvement, Quality Assurance, Product Failure Analysis, Product Development and Product Specification. He had assisted the company in developing technology such as THERMATECH® and REFLEC™ technology to increase solar reflectance properties of coated steel as part of the latest environmental friendly initiative. He is also a member of Technical Committee (TC) with SIRIM Berhad in setting up Malaysia Standard (MS) for Alloy Steel and Coated Steel such as MS 1196, MS 2657 and SIRIM Eco-Label for Coated Steel.
1. Registration Fees – Free Of Charge (FOC)
2. Limited To 100 Seats only ‘First-Come-First-Registration Basis’
3. Members of IEM Registrations Strictly Via ‘Online Registration’
4. Closing Date of Registration : 17 MARCH 2017 (5.00 p.m.) or when the number of participants reached 100 participants